Internet sharing is one of the most powerful and unique features of IMLock Enterprise. IM Lock Enterprise can allow you to share your blocking among offices anywhere on earth with an internet connection, all with a single button click. You could literally control thousands or even millions of computer settings in an instant. On all continents!
Or, you could control your branch offices in a single city. Or you could control the blocking for a single user across town.
Here is a high level of how it works, and why it is so powerful.
1. The administrator (you) uploads a settings file to a web server. We supply the FTP client, and you just
point it to your server directory and press “Export”.
2. The setting file will resolve to an URL.
3. You point your clients at this URL
4. The clients will refresh at intervals, and check the settings
5. If there is a change in the settings, the IM Lock Enterprise 2008 Clients will pick them up.
Why do I care?
This is a way to leverage the Internet to tie computer blocking together for any banks of
computers on the Internet. You can have branch offices in Hong Kong, London, New York,
Singapore, and Rio De Janiero, and control the blocking in each with a single push of the
button. This is something you can’t even do with internet filtering box devices and appliances
that cost many times what IM Lock does.
A single installation of IMLock Enterprise could theoretically block millions of computers simultaneously,provided they had the IM Lock Enterprise Client installed, and had an internet connection. That’s powerful stuff!